New OPENLANE Site Updates and Enhancements
OPENLANE is always working to make OPENLANE.com the best and easiest online wholesale auction. Please read further for the latest changes and updates detailed below:
- Searching For Vehicles – updates include: new and improved search attributes (filters), search results default to 100 vehicles, ability to search by partial VIN, ability to search for similar vehicles, convenient "Next" and "Previous" navigation arrows
- Vehicle Detail Page (VDP) improvements – updates include: VDP redesign, separation of vehicle comments, AutoCheck™ Vehicle History Report integration, photos mapped to Damage items, clearer vehicle condition reports, and new OPENLANE feedback widget
- Retail View improvements – updates include: vehicle location and VIN removed
- Bidding improvements – updates include: ability to select transport after bidding
Listing vehicles – updates include: more inventory data provider integrations and more vehicle data fields, new one-page listing form/process, separation of vehicle comments, link to photos of Damage items, and new "Save and Preview" feature.
For more details about all of these enhancements, please click here.
OPENLANE Market Index
The OPENLANE Market Index represents pricing and dealer vehicle interest trends across all vehicle segments in our online marketplace. June 2010 highlights for the U.S. include:
Click here to view the OPENLANE Market Index.
- Overall US auction prices stabilized in May, continuing the sustained price increases seen 2010 year-to-date - May prices increased 8 percentage points year-over-year.
- Car and Truck prices dropped slightly in May, while SUV and Minivan prices increased 2 and 4 percentage points above April, respectively.
- Dealer interest in Cars dropped in May, while SUV and Truck interest was flat to moderately increasing. Minivan interest spiked 15 percentage points above April.
Weekly Auction Results (WAR) Report
Stay abreast of the online wholesale market with OPENLANE's new "WAR Report" - the only source of wholesale auction data specifically for OPENLANE sales.
Click here to view the partial report. Login to OPENLANE.com to view the complete report.
Search Interest Report
The OPENLANE Search Interest Report ranks the most common vehicle searches on the Open Auction. This report includes the top 25 ranking for make and model as well as the top 5 ranking for vehicles by body style.
Click here to view the report.
News & Updates
Get greater confidence in your vehicle purchase - Buy Back Insurance available for a limited time from OPENLANE
Looking for additional protection when buying a wholesale unit? For just $75 per vehicle, you can have the extra piece of mind of being able to get your money back just in case:
You have from 10 to 14 days from the vehicle purchase date to request the buy back, and OPENLANE will take care of the rest. Please click here for full details on this program that offers you greater purchase assurance!
- You've changed your mind
- Your retail transaction falls through
- You missed a disclosure on the vehicle detail page (condition report, etc.)
Repo/Recovery Inventory - available on OPENLANE.com
OPENLANE has partnered with the American Recovery Association (ARA) to allow their members to remarket their vehicles straight from the recovery agent's lot on OPENLANE.com. To find this desirable selection of repo/recovery inventory - all coming from highly motivated sellers - simply search under the seller name "ARA Repossession Network" in the "Buy" menu of the OPENLANE post-login home page.
Load and list your wholesale inventory quickly and easily - OPENLANE Partner Assisted Listing Service (PALS)
OPENLANE has partnered with the leading online vehicle listing, merchandising and marketing companies to make listing your units in our auction easier than ever. OPENLANE can receive your inventory data and pictures via an automatic data import, then just add wholesale prices, any additional disclosures and release to auction. To get started, just e-mail your inventory listing company's name to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll take care of the rest. Click here for more details about PALS, and to see a complete listing of our inventory management partners. If you don't see your partner listed, contact your OPENLANE account representative and we'll work to connect them.
Jamie Hanford, President of Ladd-Hanford Auto Group in Lebanon, Pennsylvania, has over 15 years of experience running a medium size new car dealership with both domestic and import franchises. With the downturn in the new car market, like many other dealerships, Jamie began to focus more on the used car business. He started using OPENLANE 6 months ago and now gets about half of his inventory online - taking advantage of the variety of inventory available to him including off-lease, dealer-consigned and rental vehicles. With their business growing substantially, efficiently acquiring inventory online is serving to be a smart move.
"OPENLANE is all about efficiency. OPENLANE's auctions end every day, so I don't have to wait up to 5 days to find out whether I won the car or not as with another online auction. The company has a superior Arbitration department both in terms of personnel and process. The process gets started by opening a case online, which is as easy as clicking a button. From there, the Arbitration department is on top of it right away. I am very happy with the vehicles and service I received from OPENLANE - from diverse product availability at reasonable prices to great customer service."
OPENLANE is excited to exhibit at these upcoming shows. We look forward to seeing you there!
- National Finance Adjusters (NFA) Convention: July 22 -25 - Marriott Waterfront Hotel, Baltimore, MD
In this Issue:
- New OPENLANE Site Updates
- OPENLANE Market Index
- Weekly Auction Results Report
- Search Interest Report
- News and Updates
- Dealer Spotlight
- Current Incentives
- Customer Service FAQs
- Upcoming Events
Customer Service FAQs
Q: How do I reach Customer Service?
A: There are three ways that you can contact Customer Service:
1. Use our new instant chat feature. Simply click on the "Live Support Online" link on the top portion of the Home and Buy pages.
2. Send Customer Service a case. To access the Customer Service Portal, open your "My Transactions" tab and click on "Open a new ticket".
3. Call Customer Service at 866-969-0321. Customer Service is available Monday-Friday from 6:00 AM - 5:30 PM PST and Saturday from 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST.
Take advantage of these limited-time promotions today. Click here for details.
- $500 Transport Incentive on Audi Q7s
- $300 Transport Incentive for all Audi Financial and VW Credit vehicles
For questions or comments about this newsletter, send an email to email@example.com.